Fiji is an ideal place to spend your holidays. You will enjoy the serene environment and atmosphere but just like all the other countries around the world, there are things to look out for such as dishonest activities occurring. Fortunately, you will be able to easily avoid this problem if you cohere to some simple guidelines as told below:
- Always keep your valuables locked in a safe place to avoid loss of important items and documents. There are safe lockers provided at our package properties.
- Don’t show people the amount of valuables that you are carrying, especially outside of the resort.
- Keep someone informed of your whereabouts at all times, and the people you are travelling with. If anything wrong does happen, these types of precautions can help you a great deal.
- THERE IS NO NEED TO carry large sums of money around. Fiji has ATM cash machines that are readily accessible except on the more distant islands.
- Avoid hitchhiking alone.
- Be careful when driving and if you are a driver, a passenger or a pedestrian, be sure to keep with the rules that are mandatory with the law of Fiji. Always look out for stray animals as they can also contribute to serious accidents, particularly after dark.
- Local modes of transport i.e buses and mini-buses, are safe for visitors.
- Never purchase any unwanted substance that could lead you into a lot of trouble. This could be anything, from Drugs to stolen goods that are usually sold by illegal operators.